Dental Assistant - EFDA
Lower Lights Christian Health Center (LLCHC) transforms the overall health of Central Ohio, serving one individual at a time. We are focused on whole-person wellness, available to ALL in Central Ohio who need it, regardless of ability to pay! In 2019 alone, we served over 12,000 patients - with 40% being uninsured - and totaled 50,000+ medical encounters!
Operating out of seven locations, we offer medical care (primary care, dental, vision, OB/GYN, telehealth), behavioral health care, 340B pharmacy, nutritional assistance programs, and more. Working hours are Monday - Friday with occasional Saturday morning coverage.
A full time, EFDA will be responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of the center. The EFDA is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes patients on arrival, verifying and updating patient information
- Processes patients prior to departure from the clinic and directing them to schedule next appointment, pay account balances, etc.
- Screens phone calls and relays accurate messages to the Staff Dentist and/or Dental Director
- Operates the computer system efficiently to complete daily tasks
- Have the dentist perform a focused exam on scheduled patients
- Helps maintain a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s), and dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed
- Expose dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol
- Take impressions, as prescribed by the dentist
- Pour up impressions with model plaster, as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Certified Dental Assistant from an accredited program and has a Coronal Polishing Certificate and can place pit and fissure sealants
- Dental Assistant Radiographer Certificate preferred
- Certification for monitoring Nitrous Oxide-oxygen minimal sedation preferred
- Current CPR (BLS) required
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Health benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with access to various consultants
- 3% match toward retirement fund
- And more!
LIVING OUR VALUES
You are mission-oriented and passionate about living out your purpose. You play an active role in responding to the needs of the community and organization. You work well alongside your teammates and use your time and resources effectively. You challenge yourself to grow personally and professionally. You embrace diversity and enjoy providing your customers with excellent treatment and compassion.